Friday, January 30, 2009

Conflicted

I may be a late bloomer but I am now addicted to Facebook. I've been finding so many people there and have been having a blast re-connecting with my youth. So Facebook has been taking me away from blogging. I apologize to my Facebook/Blogging friends as you may see some of the same pics. Anyhoooo...

My kids were on track break since Christmas and just went back to school this week. It was a long 5 weeks! But we did take the opportunity to go out and visit my 92 year old Grandma Cecil. I am so glad I was able to get some good pictures of her with my kids. They are so fortunate to be able to know their great-grandma. Even though she has a hard time with some things, she remembered all my kids names. Considering she has so many great-grandchildren, that is a feat! She has lived a wonderful life, the majority of it on her own. My great-grandfather Cecil passed away when my dad was a teenager so she raised 3 boys on her own, she lived on her own until recently and I have always admired her independence. She now relies heavily on a caretaker, but can still get around and has a good memory. I am so grateful for her and her life and her example and love that my kids have had the chance to know her.




A little update: I started working part-time this week for an OB/Gyn on the other side of town. It's been good to get out of the house and do something I love for a little bit, but the downside is that I've been exhausted! Hopefully I'll get used to this new schedule and it won't take my time away from the hobbies I have grown to love! Oh, and my kids too :)

5 comments:

Katie said...

I can't believe your Gma Cecil is 92! Holy cow! I remember we ordered pay-per-view at her house to watch an NKOTB concert and she ordered pizza for us. What a cool grandma!

Katie said...

P.S. I commented on those super cool pics of us a while ago and the comment didn't even show up. Weird. I will be posting some fun ones so get prepared :)

Despain said...

Seeing your grandma takes me back...way back....to when we use to pick her up with your Mom and go to McCayo's. Wow....it seems like ages ago! I guess it was. haha

Amanda said...

I love picts with gparents.. I don't know what it is.. I love the family picture up top, way cute

The Scott Family said...

Love your family picture. Your kids are so cute! Cute hair for you, as always!!! So...this Facebook thing, it's kinda taking over. How is there even time to do both??? I'm already struggling w/ blogging. (= Missed you at aerobics this week.