Monday, September 15, 2008

The First Day of School (FINALLY!!)







The kids are in year round school and they are on Track 1. Which means that they start later than everyone else. Generally I enjoy that they get a little break, but I was sooo ready for them to get back in school! They started at Fay Galloway this year which is the same school that both Michael and I went to. Olivia was so excited to start 1st grade and it was so fun to pack her lunchbox! Matthew was indifferent. I guess that's a good word to describe a 4th grade boy. So here are the traditional 1st day of school pics. Just like last year, Jeffrey had to be in all the pictures. He wanted me to pack him a lunch and wanted to wear his backpack when we walked them to school. I got a picture of Livvy in her line but when I tried to take Matty's picture in his line, he wouldn't turn around. I guess he's finally reached the age where he is embarrassed by his mom! How sad! I hope they both have a great year!

6 comments:

Despain said...

Is it strange walking them to the elementary school you attended? It seems like yesterday we were standing in our lines on the black top waiting for the teacher to come get us. Some things never change I guess.
Oh and answering your question about you telling me to enjoy it (the race).....I'm glad you said that....I plan to. It helps to hear encouraging and positive comments. :-) Your kids are cute! YOur little girl looks just like you.

Katie said...

Your kids are so cute in their new outfits all ready for school. Your Jeffrey sounds like my Kevin for sure! He is the same way with the lunches and the pictures. He wants to be just as big as them. Have a great school year! I know I will :)

Sara said...

YEAH!!!!!!! School day!!!! So hows the life with two kids at home. I'm sure it's harder because you don't have Matty and Livvy to help! See you guys sunday.

The Scott Family said...

Becky....I just saw that you tagged me. (I haven't been blogging lately). Anyways....sorry it took so long....but I've officially responded to your tag now! (= That was fun!

The Cecil's said...

Oh that picture of Matty with Jeffery standing off to the side... Poor little guy was probably wondering what the heck?
So cute.
We need some more play dates. I feel so guilty after I get doing my own thing in the morning and before I realize it, it's 2 in the afternoon and Ike is in his jammas and hasn't moved from the spot in front of the tv since he woke up that morning. It's just rediculous. anyway... cute blog I like the autumn theme.

Eliz said...

I just love back to school pics and Olivia's outfit fits her personality perfectly -- I hope that have a great year and make lots of new friends