Friday, September 26, 2008

Second Generation



This month Olivia was chosen as a Positive Panther in her class. She got to go during lunch to have pizza with the principal. She got a certificate and got her picture taken. The reason this is significant (other than the fact that I'm so proud of her) is that both Michael and I were Positive Panthers at Galloway when we went there. Back then (I'm so old) we got our pictures in the newspaper. I don't think that's the case anymore, but I went to see her get her award and I told the principal that she was second generation. She thought that was great. I love that we still live in the same area, that our kids go to the same school as we did, and that I always run into people I know! Henderson is home!

5 comments:

becbloggin said...

I LOVE HENDERSON TOO! that is awesome...way to go olivia!

Uffens Family said...

Thanks for understanding my OB comments :) ha! You are so funny!
Way to go Olivia! The bar is now set for the rest of the kids :) No pressure :)

Despain said...

Becky it's fun reading about your daughter being second generation in school and receiving awards that you and Mike had. I live in a neighborhood where lots are 2nd generation too. I guess I'm the odd ball here. Everything is new for us! I miss Henderson in some ways but can't imagine being anywhere but here!

Katie said...

I was a Positive Panther too! GO Panthers! It is nice to have roots where you live- (except for when you run to the grocery store without make-up and you see some long lost friend and you think Dang!)

dianegill said...

Somehow that doesn't surprise me. With that smile how could the teacher resist. Great work, Olivia
Love, Grandma Gill