Saturday, September 27, 2008

September 27th 1997



11 years ago today Michael and I were married in the Las Vegas Temple. I can't believe it has been 11 years! It doesn't feel like that long, but it seems like I can't remember my life without him in it. Michael and I met in elementary school, he was a grade younger than I was. We grew up in the same stake, went to the same high school, had each others dad's for teachers, but it wasn't until the time was right, 2 years after his mission, that we met up again in the singles ward (cliche I know). We dated for 3 weeks, got engaged, and were married 3 months later. I knew he was "the one" when I heard him sing and play the guitar. We have had our share of ups and downs, but through it all, I love him more now then I ever thought I could. I knew I loved him and wanted to spend eternity with him 11 years ago, but time and life has taught me that I didn't fully understand how deep love can go. So here is a list of 11 reasons why I love Michael Scott Gill...

11. He has a great laugh
10. He has an amazing voice
9. I love his lips (I kissed him first for the record :)
8. He is a true friend
7. He is true to himself
6. He's HOT!!!
5. He is a wonderful father and loves his children
4. He respects me
3. Did I mention how HOT he is??
2. He works hard and sacrifices so much for his family
1. He understands me better than I understand myself and despite ALL my insecurities and shortcomings, he loves me anyway.

Michael, I love you more than you know and count this year as a new starting point for the rest of our lives.

9 comments:

Uffens Family said...

Happy Anniversary to you guys! Hope you get a free night without the kids to celebrate 11 years! Love the wedding pics :)

becbloggin said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

Katie said...

I love the pictures!!! They brought a smile to my face:) I love the dedication to Michael. Very a-a-a-a-hhhh!

dianegill said...

Becky,
That was very sweet.
Love, Diane

Natalie said...

I hope it is a new start. That first picture....ironic.

C.A.L.L.L.L. said...

Congratulations! Is it okay if I take a little bit of credit for telling Mike to ask you out?

Despain said...

Way to go guys! 11 years....it just gets better from here. I would say the first 10 years are the hardest since you're still both trying to understand one another and then after that things seem to click better. We're going on 15 years this Mar. and I can say we have grown these past 5 years the most and it's been great! Great tribute to the hubby!

The Scott Family said...

Congratulations!!! Love seeing the pics. You two look so young. (Don't we all in our old "dating pics". What a sweet tribute to Mike!

Eliz said...

Just to let you know, Kim and I were commenting on Sunday on a special little mark on the back of your neck that you probably did not even know about -- nice to see the romance is still going strong --oh yea, Kim and I really should just listen to the lesson. Hope your next 11 are great!