Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fun Trip



Yesterday I thought it would be a good idea to take Matty, Livvy, and Jeffrey to the dentist! So here I go to the dentist for 3 appointments and pushing Zak in the stroller. Insane right? Right! It's so worth making several trips to the dentist instead of having to deal with everyone at the same time. Livvy and Matty had been before, so they are pros, but this was Jeffrey's first check up and it went exactly like you think it would. a 2 1/2 year old who won't open his mouth, who screams and cries everytime the hygienist even came close to him, whose diaper leaked and had to walk around in wet pants and who has a mouth full of cavities and has to go to the pediatric dentist! What fun! Notice the picture of Jeffrey with not 1 but 2 suckers in his mouth, thus all the cavities!

5 comments:

Despain said...

Don't you just love visiting the dentist? Nate had to end up seeing a pediatric dentist last year for lots of cavaties in his mouth. (they gave him drugs to make him "drunk" basically and all he did was laugh through it all). Don't feel too bad because they told me that his was caused when his teeth were developing while in my belly. They told me I was probably sick with either a cold or the flu during this time, that caused weak spots in his baby teeth. He's done better since. Our fingers are crossed. I really hate the dentist and how much we pay out in the year just to have healthy teeth. :-)

Katie said...

Poor Jeffrey (and you for that matter)! The dentist can be a traumatic experience. Maybe he'll like the pediatric dentist better. I hear they have video games, Disney movies and laughing gas. Who could ask for more?

becbloggin said...

oh so sorry! no fun for anyone. i feel for little jeffrey...i cant stand mouth pain! i dont think any of my kids besides cj have ever been to the dentist. :( james would kill me if he knew! min sees him to hopefully prevent braces. i hope all goes well with the pediatric dentist.

Katie said...

Poor kid! I haven't even taken my kids to the dentist because I'm afraid the same thing will happen. Maybe I should so I can avoid the cavities.

The Scott Family said...

Oh....I feel for you. You are one brave woman!! We are in need of a dentist checkup and I keep putting it off. Poor Jeffrey....I think Tyson will be a mouthful of cavities too (he's my junkfood king)