Wednesday, October 15, 2008

SOAP BOX


I enjoy my little life. I try to keep my family safe and happy. I live in a shell. I don't watch the news cuz it stresses me out. I don't read the newspaper, but I do check headlines online daily. It sucks paying so much for gas and groceries. And I'm sure all the politics, recession, financial crisis all sucks too. But other than that, I don't let the outside world affect me too much. Until yesterday... I went to 7-11 for my Diet Coke fix and I had to pay, get this, $1.28 for a Big Gulp. Not even a Super B, just a regular old Big Gulp! I swear it wasn't that long ago that it was .89 for a Big Gulp and $1.06 for the Super B, with tax! I debated about not even getting the Big Gulp on principle alone, but I was super thirsty! So I want to know which candidate is going to lower the prices of Big Gulps! Those are the issues that affect me daily! Am I right or am I right?!?

5 comments:

Despain said...

I pay 1.27 here in Utah for a 32 oz drink and 1.36 for a 44 oz. I know their getting expensive but it's still a must for me. I have one gas station close by that allows me to get a 32 oz. for a $1 even. I understand your concerns....:-) This habit is getting pricey! But can I give it up? No, I'll pay the price!

Uffens Family said...

I love that someone #1 shares my love for Diet Coke...I have a great refill cup :) although it is still a pricey habit too...that is sad that I admitted to having a refill cup...oh well...my deep dark secret and love for caffiene is out!

Katie said...

McDonald's here has a 42oz. coke for 99 cents. Their cokes are my favorite so it's really hard to drive past a McD's without going in the drive thru (another plus w/ kids in the car) and sipping down some cold refreshment :-) Also in the summer they're 69 cents-an even bigger temptation.

Stephanie said...

I have been feeling quilty for months now as my husband says "feed the addiction" everytime I go and pay $2.28 for my Sonic Diet Coke. I am glad to see that you share my problem. Plus I it is the only extra that I pay for right now... sad but true!

Allison said...

I hope you don't mind that I read and comment on your blog.
You're soap box post is so funny! I am with you on the idea of not letting the outside world affect us too much!
Regarding politics, I think you are on to something...What will the candidates do for me?
Come on people-Let's not feel guilty for drinking soda. We could be doing so much worse. Plus, our families would not be happy with us if we didn't get our caffine fix. Unfortunately for me, there isn't a 7-11 on every corner, so I just buy it at the grocery store. I think it's like 4 bucks for a 12-pack.
-Allison Campbell